Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Why don't hot women have a sense of humor?



Or perhaps more to the point, why don't good looking women in health clubs have a sense of humor?

I go to the gym (Gold's Gym) about 5 days a week. Besides lifting weights I'll usually do about 30-45 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike. (And no, I'm not telling you this to make you feel pathetically lazy, I just decided as of Jan 1 this year, to get my sorry ass body into shape. So far I've gone from 258lb to 246. Got a long ways to go though...)

Where was I?
Oh yeah... what really helps (me at least) on the treadmill and bike is that they have a row of 8 TV sets suspended from the ceiling in front of all the bikes, treadmills, etc... All you need is a pair of headphones and to tune in your radio on an FM number that corroisponds to the TV. This REALLY helps me in my workout.

Luckily the local FOX station has a good lineup during the time that I go to the gym. In a two hour block they run The Simpsons, Malcom in the Middle, The Simpsons again and ending with Seinfeld. When I get to the machines I usually have to tune one of the sets to the FOX station, since there are a couple sets that are running the same channel, after asking if anyone is watching the set, I'll tune one to my shows.

The other night I was doing a good 45 minute run. Of the eight sets, two had ESPN, one had ABC, one had CBS, one had NBC, two had CNN and one had The Simpsons (the one I had tuned in). A particularly hot looking women came over with the remote, and without asking anyone, began changing the channel of a set.

Did she choose one of the two ESPN sets? Nope.
Did she choose one of the two CNN sets? Nope.

She bee-lined right to the the set with "The funny cartoon" and began changing the channel to (and I'm not making this up- Lifetime!) I of course, let her know"Hey! I'm watching that!!!!" She looked surprised and said "Sorry, I didn't realize that anyone was watching that." and went over to one of the CNN sets to tune into the latest "woman being abused" flick on Lifetime.

So should I leap to any conclusions here?

Yeah. Hot women at gyms can't understand why anyone would bother watching any animated humor shows, since they don't have a sense of humor. And why don't they have a sense of humor? 'Cause they don't need to -- they're hot women!!!

God, I'm so open minded!!

No comments: