Monday, February 21, 2005

Nope... No Artie here.



With no big plans set for this past Saturday I decided to head into the city and meet comedian Artie Lange at the Broad Street Tower Records, where he'd be signing copies of his new DVD.

I wasn't much of a fan of his before, I thought the film Dirty Work was pretty bad and never watched Mad TV, but since replacing Jackie on the Howard Stern Show I've found him to be very funny. He fits the role as an "normal guy" wise ass very well.

Just as I was about to leave my house though, I called first, to make sure I had the time correct. I was assured by the person at Tower that Artie would be signing from 1:30 to 3:00. OK, I should make it in plenty of time, even if there is traffic.

After parking the car and hustling a few blocks, I got to Tower at 2:15. I looked around and saw no lines, or any area that would lead you to believe that there was anyone signing anything.

So, why not ask another one of these "informative" Tower employees, shall we?

Me: "Excuse me, could you tell me where the Artie Lange signing is?"

Employee: "Oh, that's been over for awhile."

Me: "Over? It's only 2:15. I was told that it would last at least until 3:00"

Employee: *shrugs* "I don't know".

*sigh*

I guess if this was someone I really wanted to meet, I'd be pissed. 'Course, now that I've driven all the way into town - for nothing - I should do something. And since it's pretty damn cold outside-- If I hustle, I could make it to the Ritz 7 blocks away and catch the 2:50 movie...........

No comments: