Sunday, January 16, 2005

The Jersey is now 13-0!!!!



As I settled down to watch Saturday's Division playoff game I was once again garbed in my old Greg Lloyd jersey. Since the Steelers were 3-1 this season I pulled this old black jersey out of the back of my closet and wore it while watching the fifth game, a Steeler win over Cleveland 34 - 23.

14 weeks later, having worn it while watching all the games, the Steelers have now won 13 straight games!

Yes I know, I know. It was the play of the Steelers defense, the offensive line, the running of Bettis and the unrookie play of Ben Roethlisberger, and not some old piece of wardrobe that I wear while watching the games on TV.

But while watching the uncanny circumstances that took the Steelers to a comeback, overtime win in yesterday's Divisional Playoff game over the Jets, 20-17, you could call it luck,
you could call it destiny,
or maybe the luck of the jersey!


No comments: