Monday, March 07, 2005

I saw the film "Be Cool" this Saturday afternoon



Be Cool is a sequel, of sorts, to the 1995 film Get Shorty. (Both films are based on Elmore Leonard novels)as star John Travolta reprises his role as ex shylock Chili Palmer.
The SYNOPSIS:Disenchanted with the movie industry, Chili Palmer (John Travolta) tries the music industry, meeting and romancing a widow of a music exec (Uma Thurman) on the way.

While Get Shorty had it's moments, with an interesting take on the film industry and some fun performances by Gene Hackman, Dennis Farina and Delroy Lindo this film ---------

Well, let me put it this way.

Be Cool, without a doubt, is one of the worse films that I've ever paid to see and had to sit through in a theatre, in my entire life!!!

GOD IS IT AWFUL!!!!!!

Be Cool is described as a Comedy/Crime film. First, the comedy aspect.
It's NOT funny. Not one laugh, not one chuckle.
It's bland,
boring,
dull,
and has some of the worst performances in cinema history. (and the Crime is that they dare to charge people to sit through this mess!)

Vince Vaughn as a white guy "acting black"? STUPID.
The Rock as his gay body guard? UN FUNNY
Uma and Travolta dancing again? WHO CARES
Harvey Keitel, what the hell is he doing in this film?
and Robert Pastorelli, he's been dead for over a year. This film could kill him again!!!

I really can't stress strongly enough how big a piece a crap this movie is. In all my years of movie going I've never left the theatre before the film ends, but BOY did I want to leave a lot while sitting through this dreck.

I wish I could give a lower rating for this film. Be Cool, without a doubt gets the LOWEST:


No comments: