Friday, June 03, 2005

35 Days until the FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE!



Let the Countdown begin!

When you think of Anticipated films in 2005 I'm sure that Revenge of the Sith, War of the Worlds and Batman Begins top most lists. But not mine.

As anyone who knows me (or have read this post) realize that my all time favorite comic book characters are The Fantastic Four.

Sure, I know, there have been a lot of negative flack surrounding this upcoming big budget film of the FF, from the rumors that it was going to be a humor adaptation, to the "questionable' casting, through the rewriting of their origin, many have just about written off this movie.

But not me.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

(am I setting myself up for a big letdown??)

Starting this Friday, I'll be counting down the days and weeks until the film's release, by bringing up some of my favorite Fantastic Four stories.



These covers are from a four part story in 1969 featuring the alien "Skrulls". The Skrulls travel to Earth and kidnap The Thing so he can battle, for their amusement, in their "Arena's of Death!" These particular Skrulls patterned their planet after the Gangster era from America, which allowed artist Jack Kirby to draw some cool Alien/Gangster fusion backgrounds and characters. It's a fun story line that also just happened to include the first comic I ever bought, Fantastic Four #90

Just 35 days / 5 weeks until The Fantastic Four film!

No comments: