Wednesday, June 08, 2005

What-I've-Been-Working-On: CANDY & GUM LAYDOWN BAGS



Currently here at work, we're prepping for the NCA Show (National Confections Association Show, the largest Candy and Gum Trade Show in the world) and a lot of proposed new products for next year, so it's pretty busy. Most of the stuff I'm working on are in the early stages and awaiting corporate approvals, so I can't put any of those products up here yet.

Instead, I thought I'd post some work I've done over the last year or so that you can find in your local Wal-Mart, Walgreens, K-Mart, etc...

The above bag is the 1lb. Dubble Bubble Bubble Gum Bag. This design (large flat logo, Cyan background with yellow band and a "Fun With Gum!" tag) was one of the first bags I designed for Concord Confections. It was an important look that we based various other bags of different sizes off of.

This is our latest bag mixture and the first one I worked on after we were acquired by Tootsie Roll Industries last year. It's called Kidz Pik! and has a really good selection of candy and gum (if I do say so myself) for the money. A 2.5 lb bag filled with Tootsie Roll Midgees, Charms Blow Pops, Tootsie Roll Pops, Tongue Splashers Bubble Gum, Cry Baby Extra Sour Bubble Gum, Dubble Bubble Bubble Gum and Razzles.



And finally here's another mixture bag. This is called Bubble Gum Fun and is based on our old Bubble Gum Fun bag we had when the company was the Philadelphia Chewing Gum Company. I changed and modified it, adding Dubble Bubble's trademark character, Pud (more on him next week), the "Fun With Gum" tag and the logos for all the inside products, Tongue Splashers Bubble Gum, Cry Baby Extra Sour Bubble Gum, Dubble Bubble Bubble Gum,Razzles, Chewola, and Twinklers.



That's it for this week. Next Wednesday I'll be in Chicago surrounded by every candy, chewing gum, bubble gum and chocolate bar company in the world.

(and yes, I will get free samples!)

No comments: