Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hey, I recognize him! Isn't that.....?



No, no this isn't another one of those bizarre online conspiracies about some new hidden meaning from some obscure bit of information found on the latest episode of Lost.

No, it's just that I had one of those "hey isn't that so-and-so" from "____" moments the other night.
With my Thanksgiving meal (and dessert) put away I decided to settle down and watch one of the movies from my DVD collection. What better way to finish the holiday then to re-watch Spider-Man 2.

As I watched the scene where Dr. Octavius' fusion experiment goes bad (and his arms become fused to his body) I noticed that one of his assistants was played by Daniel Dae Kim (who's the Korean speaking castaway, Jin Kwon, on Lost).

(BTW, imdb.com lists his character in Spider-Man 2 as "Raymond").

I know this isn't any big deal, but I like it when you're watching a movie or TV show and you notice an actor who at the time wasn't known. My favorite "find" like that is from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. At the very end of the film, a guard holds the door to Norman Bates cell open for another guard. And who's the actor with this tiny, non speaking role?

Future comic actor from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Caddyshack.



Ted Knight

No comments: