Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I don't want to be on TV!!



But damn it, I'm gonna have to be.

The company that I'm an Art Director at, Concord Confections, Ltd., is the maker of Dubble Bubble Bubble Gum. Each year, teamed with Wal-Mart, Dubble Bubble sponsors a National Bubble Blowing Contest. They're held throughout Wal-Mart stores throughout the country in June and those individual store winners are eventually dwindled down to five finalists who are then flown to New York in the last week of July to televise the final on ABC's Good Morning America.

That's tomorrow morning.

Usually, my only involvement is in the artwork for posters, ads, in store packaging, etc... BUT
due to a quirk in schedules they've come up a few people short for bubble measurers tomorrow (the measurers use the devices shown in the picture to measure the size of the bubble), so a couple of us here in the Philly office are heading to NYC today to help out tomorrow morning.

Yes, I'll be out there tomorrow, on Good Morning America wearing a Dubble Bubble shirt and measuring bubbles.

I didn't sign on for this, but damn it, someone has to do it.

....now how many pounds does TV add?

No comments: